Wednesday, December 26, 2012

A day at the park

{I wrote this post at the end of November and am just now getting around to posting it!}

This week I am off work!!!!!!!!!!!!!  YAY!!  That makes for one happy Mommy!  I have not had a day off since school started and I was desperately needing a break.  I have been counting down the days for quite a while now!  Nine days at home with my boys is heaven in my book.  And to make it even better, the weather in Texas this week is simply beautiful!  I know it is winter in most places but this week in Texas the temperatures have been between 55 and 80...that is PERFECT in my book. 

The other day we decided to head to the park for the afternoon.  When we first moved to Frisco, Tayt found a park about 5 minutes from our house that we LOVE!  The park is amazing.  It has a huge wooden playground, a splash pad, picnic tables, bathrooms, a large pond, walking trails and a wooded area with trails all through it.  We have been coming to this park for a while.  Tanner loves it because once we are out on the trails he can be off his leash. 

We came to the park to walk a lot when I was pregnant.  We would walk and talk about what it would be like to bring Austin there some day.  I vividly remember the Monday before he was born.  I went to the doctor that morning and she told me that I was 4cm and 80% effaced.  In her opinion I could go into labor at any time and might not make it through the day!  I was ecstatic.  I was off work that day, MLK Jr. Day, and Tayt and I jumped in the car and headed to the park.  We walked and walked and walked in hopes that it would bring on labor.  Well it didn't work that day and we went back on Saturday, January 21st.  I went into labor at 4am on January 22nd! 

Anyway, we LOVE this park and think Austin enjoys it now too.  This week we put him in the swing for the first time.  He loved it but loved watching all the kids play even more.  It will be so cool to see him playing on the playground, fishing with Daddy and chasing Tanner on the trails next Spring!

Here are a few pictures from our day at the park this week!



 

 


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment