Sunday, August 31, 2014

I'M BACK and oh how things have changed!!!

My poor poor neglected blog!!!!  It has been way too long since I have written or even checked on my little corner of cyberspace.  Life took over and blogging was not a priority.  Honestly it is easier to update friends and family with small blurbs and pictures on Facebook and Instagram.  BUT, with things changing quickly in the Todd house I thought a blog post was warranted.  So, what is going on with us....

#1 I'M PREGNANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Baby #2 is set to arrive at the end of January!  We are trilled to welcome a second child into our family and can't wait to meet him or her.  Our due date in January 29th which is cool because Austin's due date was January 30th.  (We are consistent!)  Their birthdays should be close and all I hope is that they each get their own day.  We are in our 18th week right now and will find out the gender on September 8th.  (We found out with Austin on September 7th....see, consistent!)  I feel great right now.  I was a little sicker in the beginning and spent a couple days in bed super nauseous and not wanting much to eat.  Again, it was nice to be off work during the first trimester and able to rest and relax.  Please say a prayer that the rest of the pregnancy goes smoothly and our baby continues to grow and develop without any complications.  Austin is excited and knows "there is a baby in Mommy's belly".  He is convinced it is a girl and wants a "sister".  We'll soon see if his prediction is correct.  Mommy's guess is baby boy #2.

#2 Tayt just started his last semester of nursing school!!!  It has been quite an experience for all of us but in true Tayt Todd fashion, he has done AMAZING!  I'm very proud of my hubby for working so hard and making it this far.  I know he will make an incredible nurse because he is so kind and thoughtful.  His patients will be blessed to have him.  We are officially counting down and in 15 weeks he will graduate and then it's on to take NCLEX!  

#3 Austin started preschool this week.  WHAT?!?!!?!  How is it possible that my tiny baby is old enough to be in preschool?  At two and a half he is a "big boy" and is quite opinionated.  He is funny, full of energy, sweet and oh sooooooo CUTE!  We love our little buddy and think he is simply amazing.  He is so smart and his memory is great.  He talks ALL.THE.TIME and never runs out of energy.  The first week of preschool was great.  He loves going to his school, talks about his teachers and tells us things he did during the day.  I hope he continues to love this new experience and learns a lot while he is there.  His teacher said he was "perfect"...I agree! :)

#4 I started my NINTH year of teaching.  That sounds crazy to me and time sure does fly because it doesn't seem like that long.  Week number one was good.  Exhausting but good.  My class is sweet and I'm excited to learn more about them and watch them grow.  I'll work until I POP and then take about 12 weeks off with the baby.  (That is definitely something to look forward to.)

I'm sure there are a lot of other things that have happened in the last 7 months but those are the highlights.  I will do my best to update more often, especially about the baby.  I wish I had the time to go back and add pictures from the last seven months but lets be honest, that won't happen.  I do have some good ones from our Destin trip this summer that I will upload next.  All our love and prayers!!! -The Todds

No comments:

Post a Comment