Monday, February 2, 2015

Tayt's Graduation

He did it!!!  On December 12, 2014 Tayt graduated from Collin College's Nursing School!!  It was a long, hard three and a half years (for all of us) to get to this point but I am so proud of my husband for sticking with it and getting it done.  Lord knows I wouldn't have made it through the first semester.  Occasionally Tayt would ask me to look over a paper he had written or review some care maps for clinicals and trust me, they speak a foreign language.  I simply looked at spelling and grammar because the content was way over my head.  Thank God for nurses.

Now for the even better news.  The week of graduation he interviewed for an ER internship at Parkland.  Within 24 hours of the interview he was offered the job!!!!!!!!!!!!  YAY!!  Again, I was a proud wife.  What an amazing experience that will be.  Parkland has an outstanding program where he will get tons of training and hands on experience in critical care before being able to sign a three year contract. 

So at graduation, he was able to walk across the stage knowing he already had a job lined up.  The next step is the NCLEX test which will take place in the next few weeks.  We have been so blessed by this experience and though there were some rough times, our God was always walking right beside us through this season of our life.

Congratulations babe on a huge accomplishment.  You mean everything to me and I am proud to be your biggest fan.  Here's to the next step.  And, get to work...we are going to need a bigger house soon to hang up all of your diplomas!

Video and pictures below....














No comments:

Post a Comment