Thursday, April 5, 2012

UPDATE: "The Great Bottle Strike of 2012"

So, I may have been a little premature in my last post about the strike being over. After one really good day I thought we were home free but nope, this boy has a mind of his own and boy is he smart! We struggled through the next few days and it was really hit or miss when it came to him wanting the bottle. I took the advice of so many other moms and would try to stay far away. I even found myself in our master closet (cleaning it out) one time while Tayt tried to feed on the other side of the house! ;)
Eventually things just started to click and he was okay with taking the bottle from Tayt AND from me!! YAY! So now, one week later, we can both give him the bottle with no problem. I am breast feeding at the very last feeding of the day, because it makes him super calm and sleepy but other than that we are doing the bottle at all other feedings. His feedings are also becoming more predictable. I don't want to say we have a schedule, because I know as soon as I say that things will change, but things are getting more "regular" around here!
Look, I even have proof of me feeding him a bottle!

No comments:

Post a Comment