Monday, April 30, 2012

A Weekend of FIRSTS

This weekend was a big weekend with a couple FIRSTS for Austin that I must document!  He started rolling over AND spent the night in his crib for the first time!

All week he had been acting like he might want to roll over but couldn't really figure it out.  He was moving his legs and trying to suck his thumb while laying on his back.  (Side note: He sucks his thumb a lot now!  Mostly when he is tired or hungry but he is FOR SURE a thumb sucker and it is CUTE!!)  Back to the rolling over....  I spent a long time Thursday night with my phone pointed at him and the video going hoping I could catch it on camera but he just wasn't ready.  Then while I was at work on Friday I got a text from Tayt that said, "He just rolled over!"  Then I got a video of him doing it again and the sound in Daddy's voice was priceless as he watched his boy reach a milestone!!  He spent the rest of the day rolling from his back to his side and then over to his tummy!  We were impressed! 

Later that night I went to a wedding shower for a friend and Austin and Daddy were having a "boys night" at home!  Tayt decided to put him down in his crib (in his room) at 9pm after he fed him.  Up until this point he has spent every night in the pack and play in our room.  He has just slept in his crib during the day for naps.  We were planning to let him stay in our room until summer.  I just anticipated that the transition wouldn't be easy and if I was going to be up and down all night, I wanted to be off work.  Well, that was not the case.  We left him in the crib and he slept until 6:30am!!!!!! 9 1/2 hours!!!!! WOW!  Of course, I was up all night going into his room and checking on him but he was perfect each time.  So we tried again on Saturday night and he slept from 9pm until 4:30am and then went back to sleep until 8:30am.  And then Sunday night he slept from 9pm until 3:30am, woke up and ate and then went back to sleep until 9:30am!  So, it is safe to say that maybe we should have tried the crib a little sooner because it looks like the mattress is comfy and he is happy as a clam in his own room. 

Tonight his nighttime bottle was 1/2 breast milk and 1/2 formula...another first!  Since I have been back at work, my supply has gone down some and I can't quite keep up with my little piglet who is eating like a champ.  I called the pediatrician's office and talked to the nurse.  She assured me that this was fine and it may even help him sleep better at night.  She also said we would discuss adding rice cereal at his 4 month appointment. 

I can't believe we are at this point now.  It seems like just last week we were bringing him home and waking up every two hours to feed him.  Now he is on a good schedule, eating well and sleeping through the night for the most part.  Three months is such a fun age!!

P.S.-If I think about it I will try to get a video on our camera of him rolling over.  He just rolled from his tummy to his back in his crib so clearly he is a pro at this rolling over game!  Game on!!

1 comment:

  1. I loooove it!! Those are some serious firsts! Congrats to little Austin and to you and Tayt for helping him get there! :D

    ReplyDelete