Wednesday, March 28, 2012

2 Months Old

Time sure is flying...Austin is 2 months old!
(Actually he is 9 1/2 weeks already...maybe at some point I'll be able to do the monthly update on time! In my defense we didn't go to the doctor until this week so I had to wait on his stats!)
We saw Dr. N this morning and here are Austin's stats for 2 months:

Weight: 12lbs 3oz (50-75%), Height: 23in (50-75%), Head: 15in (25%)

Physical Exam: Excellent, Mild (Right) Occipital Flattening
Development: Excellent
Austin had to get 2 shots, 1 in each leg and an oral vaccine. :( Poor baby boy did not like it one bit. I have never seen him cry like that. So sad for Mommy and Daddy. We gave him some infant Tylenol and he has been sleeping for almost 3 hours right now. I said he can have anything he wants today...which at this age means sleeping on me and eating whenever he wants. I wish he was older because I would totally have taken him for ice cream and probably to buy a new toy at Toys R Us. I'm a push-over when it comes to seeing my baby in pain.
In other (HAPPIER) news...our baby boy now SMILES, LAUGHS and "Talks to us"!!!!! It is the funniest thing to watch him smile. He looks at us now and follows things with his eyes. We could just sit and talk to him and make him laugh all day. It is so cool to see him look at us and give us the biggest, gummy smile! He is the happiest in the morning.
This month we have been able to get out a lot more. He likes to ride in the car and usually falls asleep pretty quickly in his car seat. Tayt and I went to a wedding the first week in March and my parents watched him for the first time. He was 6 weeks old and going through a bit of a growth spurt. He was eating a lot (cluster feeding) and pretty fussy for a few days. They survived and my mom even watched him again two weeks later so we could go have dinner and go bowling. It was nice to get out and know that Austin was in such good hands. Lovey and G are the BEST babysitters...never mind they are the only ones we will leave him with right now! ;) xoxo
Other things that happened this month...
Sarah and Susan came to visit from Houston, Baby Dedication at church, pictures in the bluebonnets, slept for 7-8 hours at a time (a few times), mostly sleeps for 4-5 hour stretches at night, had his first rash on his face and chest, lunch and shopping with Lauren and Paige, dinner out a few times, shopping with Mommy, first trip to Lowes with Daddy
We love you soooooooo much Austin! Now for some pictures....

No comments:

Post a Comment