Thursday, March 22, 2012

New Favorite Stores

My friend Lauren and I spent the day at NorthPark Mall lunching and shopping!

I think Tayt was happy I didn't come home like this....



And I'm sure two girls at PF Chang's with two strollers and two 2 month olds didn't really look like these ladies....



But it was a FUN day!!!!!

Lauren's daughter is just days younger than Austin so we talked non-stop about all things baby, mommyhood, pregnancy, labor and delivery, etc. Anyone that is not at this stage in their life would have been bored stiff but we were in heaven!

Anyway, I found two new stores that quickly jumped to the top of my favorites list. I even came home and "liked" them both on Facebook and searched around on their websites. I can see some online shopping or a trip back in to the stores in my very near future (sorry Tayt)!! To say I am a little obsessed is an understatement.

#1 Peek...Aren't You Curious

The clothes are super cute and so NOT "baby". By "baby" I mean characters and pastel colors....you know, like this....




The clothes at Peek are much cooler! Here are some things that I have added to my wish list....

Baby Double Play TeeBaby Seals Stadium JerseyBaby Chatham Plaid ShirtBaby Washington JerseyBaby Boys Will Be Boys TeeBig Peanut JeanBaby Big Peanut Jean

The baby girl clothes are PRECIOUS too and here are some things I'm eyeing to buy for friends or store in the back of the closet for the future. (I can't believe I just admitted that out loud. Okay, okay I won't go that far but they are cute!!!)

Baby Floral Earth TeeBaby Scarpa SkirtLola BubbleBaby Harper Dress
Baby Ava DressSimple BloomerBaby Salma DressBaby Maya Skinny Jean

EKK...aren't you in love?!?!




#2 Lush Handmade Cosmetics
www.lushusa.com

Here is the description of the company's beliefs from their website...

We believe in making effective products from fresh, organic fruit and vegetables, the finest essential oils and safe synthetics.We invent our own products and fragrances. We make them fresh by hand using little or no preservative or packaging, using only vegetarian ingredients, and tell you when they were made.We believe in buying ingredients only from companies that do not commission tests on animals and in testing our products on humans.We believe in happy people making happy soap, putting our faces on our products and making our mums proud.We believe in long candlelit baths, sharing showers, massage, filling the world with perfume and in the right to make mistakes, lose everything and start again.We believe our products are good value, that we should make a profit and that the customer is always right. We also believe words like fresh and organic have honest meaning beyond marketing.
Are you hooked yet? Or at least intrigued??

I was hooked almost instantly when we walked in but I allowed the sales guy to test out the shower scrub and body lotion bars on my arms anyway! All I can say is you MUST at least go in and look around! I also bough some lip balm and lip scrub. Yep, I was an easy sale!!

Face



Everyone needs a little retail therapy now and then!! THANKS FOR AN AWESOME DAY LAUREN! We must do it again soon!!



No comments:

Post a Comment