Sunday, July 29, 2012

Liebster Blog Award

My good friend has taken pity on me nominated my blog for a Liebster Blog Award!  A What???  Yep, that's what I was thinking too.  When she commented to tell me she nominated me I kind of thought someone had hacked into her account and spammed me!  So I moseyed on over to her blog, Isla Cunningham Books, to see what this was all about.  Her explanation was perfect so I am going to quote her....(hope you don't mind A!)

""Liebster" means favorite or beloved in German and the award is given to recognize up-and-coming blogs with fewer than 200 subscribers."


I immediately started to laugh out loud...really, LOL!  Fewer than 200 subscribers...I HAVE 5.  Okay, to be very honest I know I have more than 5 people who read my blog but many of them are family and I'm sure they have no idea how to follow me.  I'm lucky they even figured out how to find my blog.  Sorry guys, but you know that is true for a few of you.  ;)  I'm sure there are some out there that are blog stalkers like I was for so long.  I trolled around blogs for months before actually "following" anyone.  I just didn't understand the whole blog world and I didn't want some stranger to question who I was or why I wanted to read their story.  So, what I am saying is...If you are a reader and not a follower, feel free to follow along!  I know my life is not incredibly exciting and I probably just look like a mommy obsessed with my baby (that's true), but I hope to branch out and blog about other things soon! ;)

Back to the Liebster Award...Thank You A for nominating me!  Did you feel obligated after 25 years of friendship or was I one of the few blogs you read with less than 200 followers?  Just kidding!  Love you!!  So now for the fun part!
Here are the rules:
  • Post 5 random facts about yourself
  • Choose 5 other deserving blogs with less than 200 subscribers to nominate and link their blogs in your post.
  • Tell your nominees you have chosen them for this award by leaving a comment on their blogs.
  • Answer the 5 questions the tagger has asked you and ask your own 5 questions to the people you nominate.
  • No tag backs.
Are you still with me??!!  Here we go!

Random Facts:

1.  I had my Gall Bladder removed a week after my 17th birthday in emergency surgery.
2.  I wanted to be an elementary school teacher since before I started elementary school.  I never wavered in that career choice except for a short period of time when I said I wanted to be a pediatrician.  That was probably before I started high school science classes.
3.  I met my husband on what was technically a blind date to the Homecoming football game my freshman year in college.  He was wearing a backwards baseball cap and bought me a corny dog at the game.  I was hooked!
4.  I love TV!  I watch way too much TV especially in the summer when I am off work.  I love HGTV, BRAVO, TLC, Food Network, any reality TV, sitcoms, talk shows, you name it!
5.  I am a terrible singer but every morning on my way to work I turn the radio up really loud and sing as loud as I can.  This is how I wake myself up.  When I was pregnant, this would be the first time of day I would feel Austin move.  But after the 15 minute drive, he would be still for hours after that.  I think I wore him out!  And, I ignored my husband's requests to not sing too loud while pregnant.  He didn't want Austin to come out tone deaf like his mother! HAHA...time will tell!

My 5 4 Nominations: (I realized that most of the blogs I follow are big time and have tons of followers, so I only picked 4.  I hope that isn't too against the rules!!)

This Years Love

The Meek Moose

Chet & Sarah Erwin

The Muir Family Blog

My Questions to Answer:

1. Why did you start your blog?  Easy!  I wanted to document the memories of our little family once our first son was born.  I am NOT a scrapbooker and I didn't want to do a traditional baby book because I knew I would never take the time to print pictures, cut out things, save trinkets, etc.  It is an easy way to share the events of our every day lives with friends and family that do not live close. 


2.  What do you enjoy most about being a mom?  Easy again...EVERYTHING!!  Everyone told me how great it was going to be but you really have no idea until it happens to you.  I love how my heart just bursts with love for him all day long.  I love his sweet smiles and laughs.  I love the way he looks at me and knows I am his mommy.  I love his smell, his soft skin, his lips, his hands, his feet, his eyes!  I love watching him with his daddy and seeing their relationship.  It is like no other.  Sorry, there was no way to narrow that one down...I could go on and on.  IT IS THE BEST THING I HAVE EVER DONE!




3.  What do you see other parents struggle with that is a breeze for you?  Sleep!  Austin has always been a really good sleeper.  He slept in a pack and play in our room until three months.  He would wake up a few times a night to breast feed but when he was done I could put him right back down and he was out.  The first night we put him in his own crib he slept through the night and he has been doing it ever since.  When he is tired he starts to fuss and suck his thumb.  We put him right in his crib and he goes to sleep.  Right now he is taking a morning nap for about an hour, a two to three hour afternoon nap and he goes to bed between seven and eight and sleeps until seven or eight.







4. What do you miss most about your life before kids?  Being able to just go and do what I wanted to do whenever.  Now it takes some planning and packing to go anywhere.  I feel like we are late a lot of places now too.


5.  If you could offer one piece of parenting advice to your readers, what would it be?  I have only been a parent for 6 months but I've been a teacher for 6 years now so some of my knowledge/advice comes from "parenting" my other babies!  Always keep in mind that "they are JUST BABIES/KIDS".  They are going to cry, fuss, break the rules, wear you out, and make a mess.  But when it comes down to it, they are just kids and they deserve to do those things.  That is how they learn.  Step back and take a deep breath, life could always be harder.  Relax and don't stress out.  No one is perfect and kids are no exception.  Embrace their little personalities and enjoy every moment.  All of this is a gift from God and I am grateful for every bit of it, even the fussy days or messy classrooms.



My Questions for YOU:

1.  If you could go anywhere in the world where would you go and why?
2.  What is your perfect meal?
3.  What is your biggest pet peeve?
4.  Would you consider yourself messy or clean? Why?
5.  What is something you couldn't live without?

Have Fun!!

2 comments:

  1. Love it!! You're the best mommy! And thank you for the advice! I think as adults it's difficult to look at things from their perspective...but that's what it's all about, isn't it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yayyy I'll do this tomorrow :) thank youuu

    ReplyDelete